Thursday, February 21, 2008

inspiration


Here are some really, super inspirational pieces:
My grandma Goldye had an impressive jewelry collection.  How could she not?  With a name like Goldye.  I LOVE this handmade pomegranate.  She purchased it from the artist in NYC probably in the 40's or 50's.
Here is an over the top faux bois, bird pendant that also belonged to Goldye.  It's probably from the 70's.  I love how the striations on the stone mimic the rings of a log.  I also find the bird to be so sweet.  
Here is a piece from Goldye's American Indian collection.  A completely handmade inlay, fabricated bolo tie.  The workmanship is awe inspiring.  It's equally beautiful on the back.
I love the iron work and arches.  Westminster Abbey 
Here is a solid gold greek tiara.  This tiara is in the British Museum.
It's a full, fluffy tiara.  I find it very impressive that it is in such impeccable condition.  The leaves are paper thin and appear that they are moving.  Notice the acorns...

No comments: